Borneo English: Russia Ukraine News today

CSS/JS FIT

CSS IKLAN

Ad
Advertise on Borneotribun.com
Reach tens of thousands of readers every day and boost your business visibility.
Showing posts with label Russia Ukraine. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Russia Ukraine. Show all posts

Sunday, May 17, 2026

Rosatom Accuses IAEA of Ignoring Daily Ukrainian Attacks on Zaporozhye Nuclear Plant

Rosatom accuses the IAEA of ignoring Ukrainian drone attacks on the Zaporozhye Nuclear Power Plant following a reported strike near Reactor Unit 1.
Rosatom accuses the IAEA of ignoring Ukrainian drone attacks on the Zaporozhye Nuclear Power Plant following a reported strike near Reactor Unit 1.

MOSCOW — Rosatom CEO Alexey Likhachev on Saturday accused the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Secretariat of ignoring daily Ukrainian attacks on the Zaporozhye Nuclear Power Plant (ZNPP) and nearby civilian infrastructure.

Likhachev made the statement in Moscow amid growing security concerns surrounding Europe’s largest nuclear facility.

According to him, the IAEA has limited its response to general public statements about drones flying near Ukrainian nuclear facilities without directly addressing alleged attacks around the Zaporozhye plant.

“The IAEA Secretariat is effectively ignoring daily Ukrainian attacks on the ZNPP, civilian infrastructure, and the killing of Russian citizens by Ukrainian forces,” Likhachev said.

He added that the escalation around the Zaporozhye facility would become a key topic during upcoming consultations with IAEA leadership scheduled for mid-July.

Likhachev also raised concerns about the plant’s electricity supply system. He said the facility has been operating for more than two months using only one external power line instead of two.

According to him, the situation has repeatedly resulted in complete blackouts, forcing the plant to rely on emergency diesel generators to maintain critical operations.

Likhachev further claimed that a new drone strike had occurred near the facility.

He said a Ukrainian kamikaze drone hit a pipeline running along the turbine halls of the plant before falling near Power Unit 1 without detonating.

In addition, two gas stations in the city of Energodar were reportedly struck by drones and disabled.

“Drones are targeting trucks and buses, effectively preventing the delivery of food and essential goods,” Likhachev said.

He added that the situation has created panic among residents and disrupted normal life in Energodar.

“People are afraid to leave their homes. These intimidation tactics are also aimed at ZNPP employees and directly undermine the nuclear safety of the plant,” he said.

The Zaporozhye Nuclear Power Plant has remained under international attention since the Russia-Ukraine conflict intensified. The facility, currently controlled by Russia, continues to be one of the most sensitive nuclear security points in the conflict zone.

Friday, May 8, 2026

Russia And Ukraine Tensions Rise After New Ceasefire Violation Claims

Russia accuses Ukraine of violating the ceasefire 1,365 times in the military operation zone, escalating tensions between the two countries once again.
Russia accuses Ukraine of violating the ceasefire 1,365 times in the military operation zone, escalating tensions between the two countries once again.

Russia has once again accused Ukraine of violating a ceasefire agreement in the special military operation zone. The Russian Defense Ministry claimed that Ukrainian forces carried out thousands of violations during a temporary pause in fighting previously announced by Moscow. Friday, (8/5/2026).

According to the statement released by Russian military officials, around 1,365 violations were allegedly recorded across several frontline areas. The claim quickly attracted international attention as tensions between the two countries remain highly sensitive.

Russia stated that the reported violations included artillery attacks, drone operations, and other military activities considered inconsistent with the temporary ceasefire agreement. However, there has been no independent verification confirming the reported figures or specific details.

Meanwhile, Ukraine has not yet issued a full response regarding the latest accusations. Throughout the conflict, both sides have frequently accused each other of violating agreements and escalating military actions on the battlefield.

The situation highlights the ongoing challenges in achieving stability in the region. Analysts believe that the continued tensions make the possibility of a long-term peace agreement increasingly difficult in the near future.

The Russia-Ukraine conflict has been ongoing for years and continues to impact global geopolitical conditions. Beyond the humanitarian crisis, the war has also affected international economic stability, energy markets, and regional security across Europe.

Several countries and international organizations continue urging both sides to exercise restraint and reopen diplomatic negotiations. However, conditions on the ground still indicate that tensions have not fully eased.

The international community is now closely monitoring further developments surrounding the ceasefire violation claims, including possible next steps from both Russia and Ukraine in the coming days.

Sunday, March 29, 2026

Russia Claims It Shot Down 26 Ukrainian Drones In One Night Operation

Russia claims it shot down 26 Ukrainian drones in one night, highlighting rising drone attacks in the ongoing conflict.
Russia claims it shot down 26 Ukrainian drones in one night, highlighting rising drone attacks in the ongoing conflict.

Russia’s air defense systems reportedly intercepted dozens of drones allegedly launched from Ukraine in a single night. The incident highlights the ongoing escalation in the conflict, especially in border regions and strategic areas that have increasingly become targets. The information was delivered through an official statement from Russian military authorities, Sunday, (3/28/2026).

According to the report, a total of 26 drones were successfully shot down across multiple regions. Local authorities stated that the operation was carried out to protect critical infrastructure and prevent potential civilian casualties.

In recent months, drone attacks have become more frequent in modern warfare. Their flexibility and relatively low detection profile make them a preferred tool compared to conventional attacks. This has placed air defense systems at the forefront of national security strategies.

Russian officials emphasized that all detected drones were quickly neutralized upon entering their airspace. The air defense systems in use are said to be highly effective in identifying and eliminating threats before they reach their intended targets.

However, there has been no detailed report regarding the direct impact of the incident on the ground. Authorities claimed the situation remains under control while maintaining heightened alertness to anticipate further attacks.

Meanwhile, the conflict between Russia and Ukraine continues with no clear signs of de-escalation. Both sides are intensifying their military strategies, including the use of increasingly advanced drone technology.

Military analysts suggest that the rise in drone attacks signals a shift in modern warfare tactics. In addition to being cost-effective, drones also reduce risks for military personnel on the battlefield.

With the situation still unstable, the international community continues to monitor developments closely. Diplomatic efforts are ongoing, although they have yet to produce significant results in easing tensions.

Thursday, March 19, 2026

Russia Claims Control Of Two New Areas In Donetsk As Conflict Escalates

Russia claims control of two new areas in Donetsk as the Ukraine conflict escalates, drawing global attention to the latest developments on the battlefield.
Russia claims control of two new areas in Donetsk as the Ukraine conflict escalates, drawing global attention to the latest developments on the battlefield.

The latest developments in the Ukraine conflict have once again drawn global attention after Russian military officials claimed they had taken control of two settlements in the Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR). The announcement is part of ongoing military operations that continue to unfold in the region. This update has quickly become a major focus internationally, as it could influence the broader dynamics of the conflict. [Thursday, (3/19/2026)]

According to an official statement from Russia’s Ministry of Defense, their forces reportedly secured the two strategic areas following a series of intense battles. The operation was said to involve coordinated movements from multiple military units aimed at expanding control along the front lines.

However, the situation on the ground remains highly fluid. Clashes between opposing forces are still being reported in several locations, indicating that the conflict is far from over. The region continues to remain under high alert as tensions persist.

The capture of these areas is believed to carry strategic importance, particularly in strengthening Russia’s military position in eastern Ukraine. With additional territory under control, the balance of power in the region could potentially shift.

On the other hand, Ukrainian officials have not yet issued an official response to these claims. In conflicts like this, differing accounts from both sides are common, making independent verification crucial to understanding the real situation on the ground.

Military analysts suggest that any movement in the Donetsk region plays a significant role in shaping the overall course of the conflict. The area has been a major hotspot since the early stages, with consistently high levels of combat activity.

Beyond the military aspect, these developments may also impact humanitarian conditions in nearby areas. Civilians remain the most affected, especially if fighting continues without pause.

This situation highlights that the conflict is still far from reaching a resolution. Diplomatic efforts aimed at easing tensions have yet to produce meaningful results.

Looking ahead, the international community is expected to keep a close watch on further developments. Any changes on the battlefield could serve as key indicators of the conflict’s future direction.

ADVERTISEMENT
Advertise on Borneotribun.com
Reach tens of thousands of readers every day!
Promote your business & products more widely and effectively.
ADVERTISEMENT
Advertise on Borneotribun.com
Reach tens of thousands of readers every day!
Promote your business & products more widely and effectively.